The overall Tideway scheme is a new combined sewage storage and transfer tunnel that shall run from Acton in west London to Abbey Mills Pumping Station in east London, at a total length of 25km and diameter of 7.2m. The central section marine works involves installation of cofferdams at 7 sites along the River Thames Embankment.
The Albert Embankment site required 3 cofferdams in total to service the tunnelling and permanent works installation.
Members of our team working for Ferrovial Laing O’Rourke undertaking the following scope:
- 1 no. twin wall sheet pile cofferdam
- 1 no. combiwall tube and sheet pile cofferdam
- 1 no. single sheet pile cofferdam installed with press piling methods
- 2 no. ship impact dolphins
- Dredging for 2 no. campsheds
- Marine furniture
- Scour protection
- Marine logistics